Thursday, November 20, 2008

My Day

Today I was short 2 girls at work..we are not in our busy time and I was a little ahead of schedule which I like to be so when I am short of help it doesn't hurt to bad.Today was one of those days when I was a bit ahead this morning when I came in.
Well about 12:15 the phone rang...it was a supervisor out at the main plant wanting to know where Monday's the 24Th wire harnesses were. They were needing them and didn't have them. Now I run one week ahead of them always so I knew that I sent them out at the beginning of the week...so we check my calender and I started telling him the models I had sent out, he preceded to tell me those were not on the schedule for the 24Th and told me what was...WHOOPS..didn't have them..what I had done was instead of hitting the 2 on the # key I had hit the 0 so when I entered them on my calendar it read 11/04/08 instead of 11/24/08 so I had just copied down the 4Th production instead of the 24Th. So I went and told my girls, guess what I have a problem and I am counting on all of you to help me fix it. And fix they did. The wires had to be cut, ends put on, soldered into circuit boards and harnessed..Shipping came to pick them up at 2:30. I was so proud of them, not a one of them complained all just started pitching in. Yes I thanked them several times and told them how much I appreciated it.

Today I am thankful for each one of these girls.....they went the extra mile...

Thank you God for providing for me....

No comments: