Friday, November 28, 2008

Memories

Memories, that is what we are doing today, making tomorrow memories. What kind of memories are we making for those we love or those that come in contact with us. Are they pleasant, or are they hurtful...

My kiddos always talk about the past..the past Thanksgivings, Christmas's birthday's vacations etc. I think as the years go by we all want to hang on to something of the past and the one and only thing we really can keep are our memories. Well maybe not some of us forget. Yesterday we went to help serve Thanksgiving dinner at Newton for the community. Our church is involved in that...I made a new memory. There were a lot of people, hundreds that were served. It felt good to dish out food for those that came...to serve instead of being served. Tal our son and family helped, in the morning we talked about Thanksgiving of last year...last night my Annie and Steph and I walked we talked about Thanksgivings of the years before, about going to Grandma Ada's on Saturday after..on and on some things I have forgotten but someone will remember. We break some traditions and can start new ones just makes for different memories.
I pray that your memories of the past are pleasant to reflect upon..the little ones are watching and will remember...I love this season..it seems to be the season of love...care and concern...more hands reach out to help others in need I believe more at this time of year than others...We need to make Christmas last again all year long...

No comments: