Monday, November 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Abby

Dear Abby,
Reading your mother's posts about says it for me too, altho you were my first grandchild and not child. But the emotions and love were almost the same. Maybe even more because you were my firstborns daughter.
I remember that day like it was yesterday. Your Papaw Bon and I standing at the window each one of us saying how you looked just like our side of the family. I was so proud..I spent that whole first week with you , never going home. Your mom would lay you on my tummy after your 4a.m. feeding you sleeping there until your next feeding.

I had to finally go home when your dad and I had a (misunderstanding) on Saturday night about who would give you a bath...he had promised me I could as long as I was there, but I walked in and there he was doing my job...I was upset...Oh how I love you.

All grown up in the big city of Chicago...about ready to graduate college..you have been so faithful in your dreams hanging in there and setting your goals way up high.
Never fearing to try something new and adventurous, even having your wedding in our back yard..what a beautiful night..what a beautiful bride..and what a beautiful child of God's you are!!

Love you and have a great 22nd Birthday

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I always forget about that big fight over bathtime! It is so funny now.