Saturday, December 6, 2008

You Just Never Know

We are invited to a wedding today in Lyons. Everett's niece is getting married, really she's already married has been for 2 yrs but because they are catholic they have to be married in the church (which they weren't) in order to take communion.
So when I woke up this morning I told Everett I had 3 hours to do what I had to do before we left for the wedding but my phone rang about then and it was Everett's brother from Dallas telling us some really bad news. That his wife had passed away late yesterday from complications from surgery..We were totally shocked to say the least. We talked for about a hour he explained to us what had went wrong and how so unexpected this was for them...plans had been made for trips, Christmas etc... ....Please pray for Bob....for him to feel God's peace.

In the mean time while I was talking to another SIL I had a beep in and it was Everett's first cousin saying that Uncle Jake had passed away. He was the one that had a heart attack the day before Thanksgiving...we were expecting that death...he was going to be 97 in February and had lived a long and healthy life. Cousin Bonnie was telling us that she never had to do anything for him...he still drove and still had a girlfriend and they had just celebrated 15 years of dating. They had a date on Sunday and Wednesdays....

My saying is that we can go to bed and expect everything to be the same when we wake up and a lot of times it is not...I just received a CD today that I had ordered by Doyle Lawson and they is a song on there that says here in this life we have a lot of choices that the world wants us to make and choices that we just make some right some not...but for eternity there are just 2 choices we either choose Jesus or we don't there is no other choice in our life that we can make as important as this one..and this might be the last day we have to make it tomorrow might just be to late...Have you made you choice...I have...I will serve Him.....

No comments: