Monday, December 29, 2008

Getting there

Today we went to Wichita to Everett's 94 year old uncle that still lives in his own home by himself. He does have a girl friend and she did stop in while we were there. She is 90 and she couldn't stay long she was on her way to wash her car..some birds had potty poo on her car and she needed to get it washed off so it wouldn't ruin the paint...she needed to get it all wiped down while it was still light and warm...
Things haven't been easy for him in the last couple of months, though he is getting along much better now. Anyway he hasn't had a TV for awhile and it's been lonely for him...he had received a smart card in the mail awhile back that he was supposed to install in his TV...but must have thrown it away or misplaced it. So I called the 800# for him and in just a few seconds had his TV back on...his door bell didn't work so Everett installed a new one for him...his light above his sink needed put together so Everett did that for him...him and I were visiting while Everett was working and he was sharing with me that when his father had been 40 he had thought that he was really old, and now he was 94 and didn't really think that was so bad...he talked about people saying when someone dies in their 80's or 90's how they have lived a long life and it's OK...but when you are there you still want to live longer...he is such a sweet man..I'm glad that I know him...he has only one daughter and she lives in Colorado...I am staying close to my children, I will need them when I am older...I am going to be good to them so they won't forget me or Everett and leave us alone...because both of us have long life on both sides of our families..
I have learned so much from these people in our life....Things around us change so fast it is nice to sit and listen to how things use to be..soon these that lived that life will all be gone..we will lose something along with them...

No comments: