Saturday, December 13, 2008

Seasons of Life

Here I go again about changes in life...maybe it just because so many changes have taken place in the last year or so...Everett retiring, granddaughter getting married another one starting college.. the babies being 6 mo's.already,just how fast everything goes.
Sometimes I just want to stop and hang on, I want to look at things once again through the eyes of a child. Don't get me wrong I don't want to go back, I just would like to have some of those feelings. Feelings that I had when I thought my Mom would always be here to take care of me, to send home some freshly baked cinnamon rolls or a freshly made apple pie..how quickly that time passed. She has been gone 13
years already. This time of the year reminds me of how she baked, peppernuts, sugar cookies, bon bons, peanut clusters etc. I haven't made anything this year yet...I have two that can't eat the stuff and me that doesn't want it around to tempt me. But I need to do something...if nothing else for the ones that can eat it and so my house smells good...
Everything just seems so different......not bad just different...

No comments: