Monday, February 2, 2009

Thankful

We just got back from a week-end in Dallas. We went to my sister-in-law's memorial.
It was a bitter-sweet time. Remembering her life, seeing relatives we haven't seen for awhile, and just hanging out with loved ones laughing, crying and sharing.
Makes me wonder what is life really about. It is very fragile for one thing. It can be very sad, happy, and scary...very unknowing from one day to the next what might happen. WE must all be prepared for the day that we all know is coming.
After being at Joy's memorial I wondered what people would have to say about me...How does God see me...I know that as a born again believer He sees me through Christ, and declares me righteous, because of HIs Son..
I have messed up so many times...but I can't go back, I can only go forward...
So today here is what I am thankful for:
1. What Jesus did at the cross for me..
2. For my wonderful husband
3. For my wonderful Children and grandchildren
4. For my health....
5. For my job...
6. For the special people God has put in my life...
7. THAT I DON'T LIVE IN DALLAS AND HAVE TO FIGHT THAT TRAFFIC EVERYDAY!!!!!
8. And many more blessings that I don't even have room for...

No comments: