Sunday, April 19, 2009

More then I hoped for

I really don't know why I titled this blog today "More then I hoped for" other then right now I feel very peaceful....even with all the turmoil that is going on in the world my heart is at peace...real peace...the peace the Bible talks about...I have been at peace within for sometime...I am a struggler usually...wanting to do everything right...want everyone to be happy..but don't we all want that?
I think so...but to have the peace that the Word talks about..is different...

Our Pastor had such a great sermon today...he could have just preached the words of the last 10 minutes and it could not have been better...

He spoke about what it really meant to be a Christian....to be in Christ and not just believe about Him....that our lives should be transformed if we are living in Him....we should not be living as the world lives we should be different..
He used a parable about marriage...his wife was from Oregon...and he said had they gotten married and she would have become Mrs. Quillan but stayed in Oregon and kept living the same life and in the same house and the same job and not moved here with him and became his wife...there would be no difference whether they were married or not..just like us if we say we are Christian and live as everyone else in the world lives what is the difference???

I recently read this saying..don't know if it has anything to do with this post or not..but to me seems so true...how many of us are really REAL are we whom others vision us as...or are we fake?

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you're not.

No comments: