Saturday, October 10, 2009

My Devotions Today

So many times I become anxious and become feeling like I just can't get everything done or do anything right...Sometimes I fret...

Don't think of the word fret much...I know Everett talks about the frets on his guitar but myself never much thought about being fretful...

But Psalms 37:1 Says "FRET NOT"
Do not fret because of evil men or be envious of those that do wrong;
For like the grass they will soon wither like green plants they will soon die...

Just like our cold snap that we are having all of the plants and flowers are dying..so will all of those that do evil...and how many times do we admire those that are evil.....the Bible says they will wither....

Definition of Fretting: Made rough on the surface...Rub or worn away...and a peevish irrational, fault-finding person not only wears himself out, but is very wearing to others...

OVERHEARD IN A ORCHARD

Said the Robin to the Sparrow;
"I should like to know
Why these anxious human beings
Rush about and worry so?"

Said the Sparrow to the Robin;
"Friend, I think that it must be
That they have no Heavenly Father
Such as cares for you and me"!

No comments: