Friday, July 24, 2009

I can feel His hand

Vacation started for me yesterday at 3:30 pm...I am off until the 10th of Aug. I have looked forward to this for so long. It has been at least 20 years since I have had 2 full weeks off of work. This is wonderful...sometimes I feel like the anticipation is more exciting then that actually time off...not really, but sometimes it can seem that way..the day before shut down is kinda (like one of my sons said) Christmas eve...there is something about it..we had worked very hard at work yesterday to get everything done...we cleaned like crazy, the girls did a great job in putting forth all their effort to get things cleaned up, blinds were washed, ceiling fans cleaned everything wiped down fridge cleaned out,old food thrown away so that when we come back everything will be nice and clean and fresh..

Now those of you that read my blog, know that I am going to turn this into something else, it is about our life..and how when Jesus comes in he wants us to clean out the heart, our mind and our lives...we must get rid of the old garbage, our old way of thinking, our sinful habits, in a nut shell...The lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life. So when we meet Him someday, and we all will, we will be cleaned, pruned, and shining for Him...

Now having said that, when God calls us to do His will here on earth to follow Him, what are we to give up..the Bible says EVERYTHING...to hand it all over to Him..surrender...ALL..not just part but ALL...it can be so hard...to let go..of familiar, comfort, friends, places, and things if that is what He is asking us to do..
Things that seem so important...we need to release them to Him...
He is moving me right now..I can feel His hand...

No comments: