Saturday, July 4, 2009

Family Reunions

It seems that summer time in our family tends to bring with it family reunions.
Last Sunday we had the 5 Boese brothers and family reunion with a dinner at my youngest sons home...this week-end is the Giesel reunion with that consisting of all my Mother's side of the family...now my Mother and all of her siblings are gone..so that leaves children their children's children and their children's children on down the line..most of these I have never met...we are going today and tomorrow..I could be a little apprehensive...I am not the type of person that likes to go where I don't know many people..but I am sure when it is all said and done I will have had a good time...my sisters and one brother do not really get together much..it makes me sad but that is just how it is..our own families grow and life just seems to get busy..and I believe that things just change..the older I get..(and that is happening fast since I just again celebrated another birthda for which I am thankful for)..things seem to not be as they once were..some for the better and some not.

But for today I am thankful that I come from a family that still wants to get together and someone has put forth the effort to make that happen...
Happy 4th to everyone as we celebrate our independence here in the land of the brave and so far the home of the free!

No comments: