Saturday, January 24, 2009

What was it??


Early morning Friday about 2 am. I was awakened with severe burning around my heart.
It hurt really bad...just assuming that I had heart burn (which by the way I have never had before)I got up and took some tums. Did not help. It hurt so bad that I couldn't lay, sit or stand up and could not do anything to be comfortable.
So I got on the Internet and googled home remedies for heart burn..and there found that a heart attack can be mistaken for heart burn...and also read that apple cider vinegar is a home remedy for heart burn, so had some of that, took it and did feel a little better, enough that I finally went to sleep, this was about 4 am. but was awaken again about 5 or so with the same pain that I had earlier...so about 8 I called a friend of mine that has trouble with heart burn and she told me what she took and then Steph told me that someone she knew thought he had heart burn and was really having a heart attack..didn't think that I could be walking around with a heart attack but decided to call the Dr anyway and explain what was happening..so to make a long story short (which by the way I had a much needed hair appointment at the same time I needed to get in and see the Dr. but my dear hairdresser put me down for next week) I went to the Dr and she ordered a bunch of tests for me and stuck me in the hospital for observation for 24 hrs. In that 24 hour period, I had an EKG a X-ray, a Cat Scan and more blood drawn then if I would have been to the blood mobile.
Was put on a heart monitor and an IV and oxygen...and I came out with a clean bill of health...PRAISE THE LORD....the Dr did not know what was causing the severe pain, but maybe a really bad case of heart burn after all...but the ending to the 24 hour story, brought me much rest and I know that my heart is strong and nothing seems to be wrong. Again I need to thank the Lord for keeping in His care...We just never know do we what might happen. This could have been really bad...but wasn't.

No comments: