Sunday, October 26, 2008

Changes

I have been reminded again today that nothing stays the same. Things change from day to day.
More than most of us probable realize. The secret is we need to accept and know that tomorrow no matter how hard we try tomorrow will not ever be the same as today. Even though most of the time it may seem like it but it is always different.
I remember when I thought that I could never live w/o my parents. Especially my mom. I talked to her every day of my life until she died, practically. She died in 1996 and I still miss her. But life goes on.
I would love to sit down at her table in her dining room and eat one more meal. That is sometimes how I view Heaven. An eternity, of endless time, and if I want to sit down with my Mom I will, and have her cook up one of her heavenly meals....What a day that will be.....

This week-end my husband and I decided that we were going to help serve Thanksgiving Day dinner to those who maybe don't have family around, or don't have enough food for a big dinner, turkey and all the trimmings, in the town where we go to church. Our church started being involved in the dinner. Last year they served 700 people, this year going to cook enough food for 1000. It is open to anyone that wants to come. Well hubby and I decided we wanted to help...so we are moving our Thanksgiving dinner to the Sunday before. Just this year...Last year come to think about it others were gone and I didn't have a dinner here we went to my sisters. So already that was the first TG dinner I didn't cook in years...Yes things do change, sometimes for the better, and sometimes not, it is just however we look at them and accept them.
What we really need to do this time of year and everyday is to thank God for each and every day and what he has given us rather good, or not so good and be content with what we have and enjoy each day and make the very best of it. Because as families grow and they move on and the next generation takes over it all changes. But most of us always try to hang on the the past one way or another rather keeping tradtions or adding new ones, but never is quite the same....

2 comments:

Sheri Graham said...

Hi Evy,

I LOVE your blog! I look forward to reading your posts. Changes...yes life continues to change each day. Today will never be here again..and am I making the best of it or allowing it to slip by? Thanks for these words!

Love ya,
Sheri

Ronda said...

Hi Evy!
I was THRILLED to get a comment from you and saw you are a blogger. It is so neat to read the words from your heart. Things do change and it is hard sometimes even when they change and we are not ready. What an encouragement you are! I still miss your Sunday School class.
Love ya,
Ronda