Saturday, January 29, 2011

Beds


I have been working on bedding. I have looked at blogs, pottery barn, yesterday Steph and I went to Hutch and I looked at Dillards (big sale) for bedding and couldn't come up with anything. I wanted a cozy looking bed. Now the iron bed is very, very old. It was my Mother and Father's first bed they got when they got married. So seeing that they celebrated their 60th anniversary in the 80's and my Dad passed away in 1988 this bed is probably close to 90 years old. I have not done one thing to it. This is the bed we sleep in. I love it.

The 4 poster bed we bought at an antique store years ago. So I do not know the history of this bed. Today I changed the bedding. Steph had bought an old chenelle bedspread at a garage sale and I went on the hunt here in my house for some old pillow cases. So a new look for the spare bedroom. It is amazing the stuff I dig up when I go hunting. Everything I used I already had in my house...so saved myself some money..

I have been having fun changing things around it's like getting a new house and not even having to move....

Have good night everyone!!

No comments: