Thursday, January 20, 2011

Things that remind me of my Mother




There are a some things that in an instant can remind me of my Mother.
Tonight I made some homemade beef noodle soup over cooked pototoes that I mashed with a fork.
My very first bite took me back to that little red table that use to sit in her kitchen. Such comfort food.

Her tea pot that sits on top of my stove. She used to put her tea bags in there for her ice tea that she made. So good. That pot sat in her kitchen and now it sits in mine.

Shower to shower talcum powder. I remember her coming out of the bathroom after taking her bath and she smelled like that powder. I smell it today and it instantly reminds me of her.

The old dining room table that she would open wide just about each and every week,she would have company and everyone would gather around. It didn't matter that her dining room was small and everyone had to squeeze together it just made it that much better. Passing the food from one end to the other. Many a meal has been eaten around this table and it now sits in my small dining room ( the scarf on the table was hers too) and we gather around it getting as many as we can and passing the food........

I think of my mom alot she has been gone since March of 1995....a long time....but it seems like yesterday...

Thank you God for the Mother you gave me..for the memories, for the sense of smell and the sense of taste.......I love you mom and miss you everyday! I would not have wanted anyother Mother....

No comments: