Monday, November 9, 2009

November, 10 1986




I remember it like it was yesterday...my little girl was about to have her first baby. I had just gotten to work when Randy called and said that Steph was going to the hospital..that's all it took off to Mac I was...waited and waited...so excited, so scared, so worried that everything would be alright...then around noon here she came the most beautiful baby I had ever seen....so perfect, so precious, couldn't get enough of her...I stayed at the hospital all day came and got Everett and went back to the hospital again...had a horrible headache when I came home from all the exctitment...could hardly take it all in that I was a grandma....loved it...when I was sad I thought of that little baby and she cheered me up...
I stayed at your house for a whole week, helping with you, your mom would come and lay you on my tummy after your 4 o'clock feeding...you would sleep like that until the next feeding...you have been such a blessing to me...I love you my first born grandchild...you have truly grown up to be a beautiful lady...college graduate on to getting your Masters...have so enjoyed watching you grow, being a part of all your life, swimming team, debate, music programs...prom dates...staying at my house..and then you chose to have your wedding in my back yard...what that meant to me you will never know...
Have a great birthday Abby Jo...I love you now as I loved you then...so pretty, so sweet, and oh so precious!!
A gift from God...thank you for Abby's life!

No comments: