Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Courage

Courage: Boldness, bravery; valor
Valor: Heroic courage

Many times I would hear my mother say "I have lost my courage or I don't have much courage today," I never really knew what she meant by that. Courage what was courage...and how could someone loose it?

Here is some of what the Bible says about courage:

Deut. 31:6 Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee. KJ

2 Samual 10:12 Be of good courage....

Psalms 27:14 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord

I Corn. 16:13 Be on your guard: stand firm in the faith be men of courage: be strong.

There are so many verses in the Bible where God talks about courage and that we are to have courage, stand firm, be strong. We are to be strong and of courage. I take it then it is up to us to have a mind set of courage and not let the things of this world get a hold of us and discourage us.

Today I posted on facebook that "I am trying to hang in there"..now that may have sounded negative...and maybe when I posted it I meant it that way..but really in all honesty isn't that what we do??? When things look bleak, or things seem to take a hold and want to overwhelm us (and they can) isn't that what we should do...hang in there, be strong, be of good courage??? I didn't say " I give up" I said "I am trying to hang in there". I don't want to let the trials of the day or the situations of the world take a hold and discourage me... and they can..I want to look up to the one that is in control...and He is in control..and be strong, take courage, and move forward....

No comments: