Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Back in the Swing of Things?

Well vacation for another year is over..it was so good to have 2 full weeks off. Everett and I had a really wonderful time..but saying that where did the time go.
When today I think of 2 weeks from now it seems like an awfully long time...can't even imagine going there and being there...when I think of yesterday doesn't seem like it was yesterday a lot of the times seems like it was a long time ago..one thing is for sure, that no one can reach into tomorrow nor can they go back to yesterday..we can't even return to a minute or second ago to do something over, if we have said something to hurt someone, or maybe slipped and said a cuss word by mistake..or numerous other things we can't go back..we may think at the time it makes us feel better to lash out at someone in anger or an unkind word, but in all reality it doesn't make us feel better just worse and the other person worse too..I will confess I have done it way to many times...but I have been praying for the Holy Spirit to control my tongue when I want to use it to hurt someone...I want to live today with no regrets....now having said that I too, know that I am only human and still here in this stinky old flesh...but I am aware of my weakness..wish only that it would have happened a long time ago..but I do thank God that He is working on me.
Back to work...thankful there that I have a job even though some days are tough...but I will look to Him for my strength...
All of this reminds me of the song...
One day at a time sweet Jesus, that's all I'm asking of you..just give me the strength to do today what I need to do...yesterday gone sweet Jesus and tomorrow may never come, so show me today...sweet Jesus

By the way Everett's note today:
Don't worry about tomorrow
God's already there!

No comments: