Saturday, December 1, 2012

What we think.. what we believe is right.....




We decorate...in my case Annie decorated for me and did a terrific job...we stress, we go to dinners,
we go to church programs, we go to school programs, and we stress...we cook and some bake tons of goodies....that are really not that good for us and every year we say we are go to cut something out and make it simpler, calmer, not spend so much money...but oh if we don't will they love us..will they think we are cheap...don't we want to give as Christ gave....

I read a book Advent Conspiracy...my granddaughter Abby just blogged about it...

Do we need one more sweater, one more tie, one more candle....on and on...that in a week from Christmas we won't even remember...the gifts are for the moment...the wonder of what is in that package under the tree...is it really about the gift so much as the anticipation??? The excitement.. the sleepiness on Christmas eve...the beauty of the lights...all the decorations....what about time...memories...families are going by the wayside...so sad....I think of different ones this year that were married for a long time...divorced...children will not wake up this Christmas with mom and dad both there..one will be here and one will be there...how sad....

For years I have thought why and yet I get caught up in it just like the next one....we all have everything we need...we live in a world of storage sheds....thrift stores...people store and gather up more stuff then my grandparents ever thought of having to give away...( which is good)  but just saying we all have so much.

There are so many in the world without...somehow we can push that out of our minds and go on...I am guilty....I want to live the next four weeks like Abby said...Advent...preparing...we need to prepare every day...our hearts, our lives...for Christ's return...I ask myself what have I done today to prepare for that day....my house is ready for Christmas now I must asked myself is my heart??

For unto us this day in the City of David a Savior is born...and the Word tells us He will return again..

1 comment:

Sheri Graham said...

Evy...you are so right! I am right there with you...wanting things simple and meaningful. Thank you for sharing...I'll have to look at the book you mentioned.. I've heard of it but haven't read it. Thanks! Love you! Have a wonderful day.