Saturday, June 13, 2009

Garage Sales, Camping and Baseball


It just doesn't get more summer then this, and this is exactly what we did this week-end. Went to tons of garage sales, spent the an evening out at the lake with our youngest son and it was beautiful. The camp fire, the smores, the hot dogs, nachos, coffee over the fire, the beautiful sunset, the beautiful water, the company it doesn't get much better than that for a Friday evening....

Friday afternoon and Saturday morning we spent the afternoon and morning going to garage sales...with our daughter...then we went to some more garage sales...will maybe just one more..the precious jewel might just be at the next..I did get me a really good deal on one item...I was excited about..really wasn't looking for anything special....but it was sure fun...and sitting on your front porch drinking tea..

In between on Saturday we went to 3 of our grandaughter Shanyn's baseball games..We watch these 5th graders...(excuse me 6th graders) play their hearts out...in the heat in the afternoon..they did a great job and it is a joy to watch her play...it reminds me of the time my own were little and they played ball..where oh where does the time go?? Enjoyed so much sitting their with my oldest son and wife eating sunflower seeds and thinking ours is the best out there...It was a BEAUTIFUL week-end and I am sure glad that I had children and grandchildren so that they could entertain us all week-end...My family...God has blest me so much with each and everyone of them...Thank you kiddos and grandkiddos for the wonderful week-end!!

P.S. Thanks to my hubby for doing all my house work that I can run around all week-end and enjoy these finer things in life....

No comments: